Customer Protection Guarantee
GuideStone Financial Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention® (“GuideStone”) values its relationship with you and recognizes the high level of confidence you have placed in us. With your help, we are committed to safeguarding your financial accounts at GuideStone®. As a part of that commitment, it is our practice to reimburse you for any losses in your GuideStone account(s) due to unauthorized transactions through no fault of your own. To achieve the highest levels of security and as a condition of this Guarantee, GuideStone relies on you to safeguard your account information with the following best practices:
- Safeguarding your User ID and passphrase and not sharing them. Your User ID and passphrase must be unique to GuideStone and should not be used across different websites. Activity as a result of sharing your login information with others will be considered as authorized by you.
- Reporting within 30 days of your receipt information of actual or attempted unauthorized access to your account or actual or attempted theft of your identity by calling 888-984-8433.
- Maintaining a current phone number and email address on file with GuideStone so we can contact you.
- Do not opt-out of security text alerts or electronic communication delivery from GuideStone.
- Exercising prudent computer practices and vigilant online browsing, including keeping your devices protected with up-to-date anti-virus and operating system software, being aware of email and phishing scams, and avoiding using public computers to access your GuideStone account. Additional resources on how to protect yourself online can be reviewed by visiting our Security site.
Please note that if you report unauthorized transactions related to your account(s), you will be required to cooperate in GuideStone’s investigation of the circumstances, which may be necessary to determine to what extent reimbursement is appropriate. We may also ask you to file a police report and/or provide a written statement. What is not covered by our Guarantee?
- Activity carried out by any person or entities with whom you shared your login credentials.
- Activity by an employer/plan sponsor or third-party to whom you have granted permission to access your data, including financial aggregators. Breaches of their systems are also not covered.
- Activity in any accounts other than those record-kept or administered by GuideStone or held directly with GuideStone Funds®.
- Failure to follow the best practices listed in this document.
This Guarantee does not create or alter any rights or responsibilities of any person except as expressly set forth herein. This Guarantee does not apply to losses due to market activity resulting in a decline in account value. This Guarantee is governed by the laws of the State of Texas (without regard to conflict of laws principles) and may be modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice. This Guarantee is offered by GuideStone Financial Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention only and not by GuideStone Funds or any other GuideStone affiliates.